Quoting Dan Williams <d...@redhat.com>:

On Sat, 2013-08-17 at 18:05 -0400, Peter Hyman wrote:

snip
Maybe this will move the ball. We'll see. Thank you.

Yes, I was given that document by Sierra a couple years ago.  No, it
doesn't help, because it only covers basic CDMA/EVDO stuff and does not
cover anything related GSM/UMTS/LTE or other basic modem operations like
mode switching.  So yes, it documents HIP and CnS, but we'd still need
to reverse engineer the mode switch packets that Peter is looking for.

Dan

Diminishing returns. For a three year old product which is not actively supported by the vendor (linux drivers are old), I recommend we just adopt the workaround I wrote and leave it there. Obviously proprietary things are done in the proprietary Windows software. Thanks all for taking a look.

--
Peter