On Sun, 1 Sep 2013, Jürgen Liebmann wrote:

> Your new patch get back the bug.
>
> Then I have decrease the delay in steps of 25.
> With delay 100 camera still fails.
> With delay 75 camera works sometimes. Some plug in failes, some other works.
> With delay 50 camera always work okay!

This proves it isn't a software problem.  The software does exactly the
same thing each time, just with a different delay.

Either the camera or the computer's USB hardware is malfunctioning.
The easiest way to tell which would be to try the camera with a
different computer.  (Or maybe try using a different LifeCam with the
same computer, but that might not prove anything -- both cameras may
have the same bug.)

It might be possible to work around the problem by changing the
uvcvideo driver, as Laurent suggested.