Dear Alan,

> I don't know.  Did you run all these tests on the same computer?

Yes, it is a single board computer, see image here:

http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/hacking_the_mele_a1000/A10_device_a1000_inside.jpg

WLAN Adapter is left at the bottom.

> What happens if you back-port your glue driver to the vendor's kernel?

I have now 200 lines of code which are (almost) identical. They work
in vendor's kernel and fail in mainline.

> This isn't surprising.  The errors you are getting are hardware errors,
> not protocol errors.  They could be caused by excessive noise in the
> USB data lines.  Or there could be some sort of timing issue.

I've noticed there is ehci-timer.c now. It wasn't present at 3.4
times. The main clock of the SoC I'm working on is running at 24Mhz.
There are no hstimers implemented. Do you think it can be the problem?

A have tested several other USB devices: keyboard and Ethernet
adapter. They worked. I'm not sure whether these test are "clean"
since I connect them to the USB ports which are behind on-board 4-port
USB hub. The hub is connected to the first USB host controller. The
wifi module however is connected to the second USB host controller
directly.

Do you have any ideas how can I troubleshoot this issue further? Is
there any chance of regression in EHCI stack?

Best regards,
Arokux