On Fri, Oct 04, 2013 at 12:29:43AM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi All,

Hi Hans,

> After spending 1.5 weeks debugging issues with xhci streams which would
> hard-freeze my machine every 5 minutes, I'm very happy to present this
> patch set, with which usb 3 streams are fully stable for me, including
> using them from userspace through qemu usb redirection (I'll post
> kernel patches for that tomorrow). This was tested with an uas device
> using Gerd Hoffmann's uas fixes / patches.

Thanks for taking the time to make this work.  I'll review and test
these patches shortly, along with Gerd's UAS patches.

One question though: which xHCI host controller are you testing streams
on?  I ask because I know the Intel Ivy Bridge/Panther Point xHCI host
is pretty broken when it comes to streams, and I'm going to have to
disable streams for that host.  Haswell systems should work fine.

Sarah Sharp