On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Oliver Neukum <oneu...@suse.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-11-25 at 11:05 -0800, Dan Williams wrote:

>> > Why? They would fail only if, needs_remote_wakeup were set.
>> > It may or may not be.
>>
>> It also fails in the simple case where the driver has disabled
>> autosuspend for the device.
>>
>> If a device is enabling autosuspend and does not support reset_resume
>> it will already have issues with its parent hub going into
>> autosuspend.  The hub resume path forces reset_resume for child
>> devices.
>
> Can you please elaborate? It seems to me that hub_activate() deals
> with a survival of the power session just fine.
> There seems to be a fundamental misunderstanding here.

Your concern was what to do when a device does not support
reset_resume and I was merely pointing out that such a device will
experience reset_resume as a part of hub_resume().  So, aside from
possibly changing the occurrence frequency these port power changes
are not introducing a new recovery scheme.

What's unclear?