On Fri, 13 Dec 2013, Sarah Sharp wrote:

> > Given the way things work now, I suspect these warnings are truly
> > harmless.  We could simply get rid of the WARN in sysfs_remove_group.
> >
> > The alternative is to call device_del for SCSI targets earlier on, such
> > as when their hosts are unregistered.  I don't know how James would
> > feel about this approach.  It would be difficult because targets use
> > their own reference counts instead of relying on the usual device
> > refcounting mechanism.
>
> Thanks for looking into this.  I think just getting rid of the WARN
> would be sufficient.  Can you make a patch for that?

Easily.  The downside is that there would no longer be any warning
when someone tries to remove a wrong subdirectory by mistake.

> The patch still won't help with the UAS issues with
> scsi_init_shared_tag_map though.

I wasn't clear on the reason for that problem.  Does it also arise from
late device_del for scsi_target?  I could try to change the way that
works, if anybody (Hans?) would like to test it.