Certainly not. The host doesn't know how big the Configuration descriptor
is, so it always asks for 255 bytes (on Windows that is, I'm not sure
about Linux).

The problem here sounds like the Configuration descriptor for this
particular device is exactly 128 bytes (two packets at HS), so a 0-length
packet is needed to terminate the transfer.

--
Paul