On 03/04/2014 12:21 PM, shishir tiwari wrote:
Hi ,

When we try to modprode Xhci-hcd Driver with "dmesg -n 6" command in
background , xhci driver loading failed.But if we give dmesg -n 7/5 or
any thing its work.

When Extended Capability register is being read its given zero insted
of 544 value .
Here is the Step to reproduce:
#dd if=/dev/mtd4 of=/dev/null bs=1M count=64 &
#dmesg -n 6
#modprobe xhci-hcd

Is the dd command necessary to trigger this?

There seems to be two issues here,

Reading xhci->cap_regs->hcc_params returns 0 for you in some cases. As this is a platform driver the xhci->cap_regs is some memory resource got from the platform device. If triggering this depends on the console log level could there be some race we run into with unlucky timing?

Second issue is that if we fail during xhci_init_mem() we shold only free the stuff allocated so far, and not just bluntly call xhci_mem_cleanup().

What kernel version does this happend on?

-Mathias