On Mon, 28 Jul 2014, Adam Borowski wrote:

> > > Any version before c1db30a2a79eb59997b13b8cabf2a50bea9f04e1.  That very
> > > commit also happens to fix a far more severe bug during _suspend_ on my
> > > hardware, in return for this regression during hibernation.
> >
> > What happens with hibernation if you try the patch in
> >
> >     http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=140259672425512&w=2
> >
> > using both the vanilla kernel and one with commit c1db30a2a79e
> > reverted?
>
> Reverting c1db30a2a79e does fix hibernation issues (and brings back suspend
> breakage), the patch you mentioned above seems to have no effect whatsoever,
> with c1db30a2a79e reverted or not.

I don't get it.  With that patch in that URL applied, the code added by
c1db30a2a79e doesn't do anything -- the

                        if ((temp & (RH_PS_PES | RH_PS_PSS)) ==
                                        RH_PS_PES)

test will always be false, and so the following ohci_writel() will
never be called.  You should be able to test that easily enough.

I suppose it's barely possible that the preceding ohci_readl() call
might have an effect.  You can try experimenting with those two calls;
comment out the ohci_writel() and see what happens, then also comment
out the ohci_readl() and see what happens.

You might as well make these tests without that other patch applied, to
avoid confusion.