On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 10:24:26AM +0200, Oliver Neukum wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-09-10 at 10:08 +0200, Johan Hovold wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 07:28:00PM +0200, Oliver Neukum wrote:
>
> > > I think the only way to do that is to tell usbcore to honour
> > > needs_remote_wakeup for suspend but not power off by means
> > > of an additional flag.
> >
> > But this wouldn't just be required with the always-poll quirk as
> > generally the device would have been opened by the Xorg driver and
> > needs_remote_wakeup set anyway.
>
> But it is always set. If the device is not opened, it should be
> powered down.

My point was just that in the general case the device will be open.

Adding a new flag just for users that have disabled their touchscreen
(or not using X) might not be worth it. And even then, how would you
know if the needs_remote_wakeup flag has been set by the quirk and not
from having been opened? Or were you suggesting that every driver sets
and clears your new flag as the device is closed and opened?

Johan