Anjana V Kumar wrote:
> I am using 3.10 kernel. The issue is that the set_configuration(2)
> is stalled, while the set_configuration(1) passes with the USB
> hardware I am using.

What USB hardware are you using?

Why not look into the actual problem with SET_CONFIGURATION? You may
discover things that would only become apparent once you have shipped
devices, without a chance to solve the problem.

> The question was, can we set all the three configuration values of
> CDC ACM, CDC OBEX, and generic serial to 1?

Try it out. Windows likes to cache descriptors, and will most
certainly not like if a descriptor suddenly changes unexpectedly,
so that may be the reason for distinct bConfigurationValue numbers,
even though they do not strictly have to be distinct as the code is
written.

It does makes sense to use different values. You should investigate
the problem with your USB hardware.

//Peter