Hi Joseph,

On Mon, Feb 09, 2015 at 10:27:53AM -0600, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 08, 2015 at 02:51:16PM -0700, Joseph Kogut wrote:
> > I have an Intel Valleyview/Baytrail based device (specifically a Dell
> > Venue 8 Pro 5830) that I'd like to be able to use the Linux Gadget
> > subsystem on, but it seems that the controller isn't currently
> > supported. I'm running the 3.19rc7 mainline release.
> >
> > The device has a micro AB connector. Based on my experiences with a
> > similar (Merrifield) platform using Intel's own out of tree patchset
> > that had working DRD support using a modified DWC3 driver, I suspected
> > that the Baytrail platform I'm working on would also use the DWC3
> > driver.

Unfortunately Dell Venue 8 Pro 5000 Series tablets do not have USB
device controller. You only have the xHCI host controller. In fact,
this is the case with basically all new Windows tablets. Microsoft is
simply not interested in USB device mode.

Why they use uAB connector I can only assume is because of the smaller
size then standard-A, and because they are not interested in standards.

> > The output of "lspci -nn" shows:
> >
> > > 00:14.0 USB controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation Atom Processor
> > > Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series USB xHCI [8086:0f35] (rev 09)

So 0f35 is indeed is the xHCI host controller. Baytrail boards that
have the device controller have second USB controller with device id
0f37.

Br,

--
heikki