>> I tried to use usbip to access a USB3 device over the network.
>>
>> However, `usbip attach -r $HOST -b $BUS` on the client failed with
>>
>>> Failed attach request for unsupported USB speed: super-speed"
>>
>> I looked at drivers/usb/usbip/vhci_sysfs.c:150 and discovered
>> USB_SPEED_SUPER wasn't in the list of supported USB speeds.
>>
>> I quickly tried to make it working by adding USB_SPEED_SUPER to the
>> switch case.
>> I was now able to attach the device, however the client complained about
>> a bad usb cable and the hosts dmesg got filled with
>>
>>> [332349.125642] usbip-host 3-2: stub up
>>> [332464.550074] usbip-host 3-2: recv a header, 0
>>> [332464.658740] usbip-host 3-2: reset SuperSpeed USB device number 2 using
>>> xhci_hcd
>>> [332464.672536] usbip-host 3-2: device reset
>>
>> which comes from drivers/usb/usbip/stub_rx.c:549.
>>
>> It seems like usbip_recv gets packages that don't have the size of
>> usbip_header.
>>
>> Is usbip specified for usb3?
>
> As you have found out, no, sorry.
>
>> Is it possible to add support for it?
>
> Sure, patches are greatly encouraged to fix it properly :)

I don't know yet what exactly is broken, neither how USB3 differs from
USB2 on this level.

But I'll try to dig deeper into how the usbip protocol and linux urb
handling in general works :-)

--
Florian