Thanks Alan,

that was very helpful.

/Bernd

Alan Stern wrote:
On Tue, 14 Jul 2015, Bernd Porr wrote:

I've got a question regarding ISO transfer. If the firmware is not providing data is the ISO urb returning zero packet length and if yes how can I check that in the driver? I'm working on a solution for my USBDUX driver where the ADC for example takes 800us to measure all data so that a couple of zero length packets were generated until new data has been created.

I assume you're talking about isoc-IN transfers where the device either
sends a 0-length packet or doesn't send any packet at all.  When that
happens, the corresponding urb_iso_packet_descriptor structure will
contain 0 for .actual_length and either 0 for .status (if a 0-length
packet was received) or -EXDEV for .status (if no packet was received). Your driver can check these values in the URB's completion routine.

http://www.berndporr.me.uk
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3293421/
http://www.facebook.com/bernd.porr
+44 (0)7840 340069