On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 08:06:31PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 10:43:46AM +0800, Peter Chen wrote:
> > Since we need to mount debugfs to show/store the things we
> > want to debug, it is duplicated to add another configuration
> > to enable it. Meanwhile, with CONFIG_USB_CHIPIDEA_DEBUG,
> > we can't support chipidea debugfs at runtime.
>
> Why not also delete the config option?  Why do you still need it with
> dynamic debug these days?

Maybe the CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG is not enabled for most of platforms by
default [1], adding CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG needs to rebuild all kernel
source and wait more time.

But you are right, we have dynamic debug already, why not using it
for all code? I will try to see if chipidea and usb gadget can use
it well.

[1]
b29397@shlinux2:~/work/projects/usb$ grep -rn CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG
arch/arm/configs/*
arch/arm/configs/bcm2835_defconfig:124:CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG=y
arch/arm/configs/mmp2_defconfig:91:#
CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG is not set
arch/arm/configs/qcom_defconfig:171:CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG=y
arch/arm/configs/zx_defconfig:124:CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG=y

--

Best Regards,
Peter Chen