On 11/09/2015 05:27 PM, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 01:02:50PM +0800, Lu, Baolu wrote:
We've got below facts:

1. One card works well w/ or w/o LPM enabled.
No, this isn't right. One card works well without LPM; it does work with LPM
but not well. There are ping timeouts that cause disconnects, especially
during the first packets.

I wasn't aware of this kind of issue.

2. Two cards work well w/o LPM, but not work w/ LPM. The error
     is "not enough bus bandwidth".
Correct.

We can come to a conclusion that "LPM consumes extra usb bus
bandwidth, this extra bandwidth could cause device not to work
due to limited bandwidth resources."

I have a patch attached in this email. It can disable LPM for any
devices during run time. Do you mind having a try? You can follow
below steps:
You saw Alan's blacklisting patch, right? It works perfectly for me.
But I'll be happy to try yours as well.

Yes, I know that you already have a patch and it works for you.
I am in favor of Alan's patch. You can go ahead with that patch.

I just want to find a way that users can use an LPM-unfriendly
device, but don't need to customize a kernel or wait until the
the quirk patch gets merged.

/* Steinar */

Thanks,
Baolu