On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 4:08 AM, Hans-Peter Jansen <h...@urpla.net> wrote:
> With some changes in the 4.0 time frame, AND an update of the epson iscan
> stuff, I'm happily scanning with my Epson 4490 Photo scanner plugged to a USB
> 3.0 port using xsane.
>
> Other USB 3.0 issues are currently investigated.

Thank you for the update.  I updated my Debian amd64 box to kernel
4.2.0-0 (Jessie backport) today, re-enabled "Auto" XHCI in my Gigabyte
BIOS and I can confirm that xhci_usb is handling my Fujitsu ScanSnap
S1500 correctly now.

FYI I do get 2 warnings in dmesg and my console every single time Sane
talks to the device:

[ 2036.780271] usb 3-12: ep 0x81 - rounding interval to 128
microframes, ep desc says 255 microframes

[ 2036.780835] usb 3-12: ep 0x2 - rounding interval to 128
microframes, ep desc says 255 microframes

No big deal, just thought I'd let _someone_ out there know. :)

--
Stéphane Lavergne