On Fri, 15 Apr 2016, Rafał Miłecki wrote:

> > What happens if you plug a USB-1.1 device (such as a mouse or keyboard)
> > into your single-port system?
>
> Now, this is pretty interesting. So first of all I'm not using
> CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD_PLATFORM.

Is that because you simply haven't enabled it, or because you don't
have any OHCI hardware on your platform?

>  After the first time I connect USB 1.1
> device I see the same problem. This device doesn't get detected (due
> to the missing "ohci-platform" driver I guess) and afterwards I can't
> use my USB port anymore. Even connecting back some USB 2.0 device
> won't get me any kernel event/message.
>
> It looks using USB 1.1 device is another (easier?) way of triggering
> the same problem. At least from the early check it looks similar.
>
> You may take a look at attached mix-fail-1.txt.
>

> > Does your platform data have the has_tt flag set or the
> > "has-transaction-translator" OF property?
>
> I just checked bcma-hcd.c and it doesn't:
> static const struct usb_ehci_pdata ehci_pdata = {
> };
>
> However since you already asked, I decided to give it a try. I enabled
> it but it resulted in USB port not being usable at all. Connecting any
> USB 2.0 device give me 6 seconds of XactErr-s. If you take a look at
> my previous e-mail, you'll see I already mentioned such error when
> "plugging and unplugging USB device quickly (over and over)". Not sure
> if it's related, just errors look the same.

I get the impression that this behavior is intended, and your board was
never meant to be used without an external hub.  Or possibly with some
other permanently attached USB-2 device.  Either way, none of these
problems would occur, right?