Hello everyone,

I'm working on a SoC which embeds an IP block from GDA Technologies
labeled "Pravega USB3 SuperSpeed Controller" (data-sheet is v0.99r
dated 2014-01-29). A cursory search returns:

http://www.sourcing.co.jp/prod_ip.htm
http://www.sourcing.co.jp/prod_ip/usb_host_pb.pdf

In the compliance section, the data-sheet lists:

- USB 3.0 Revision 1.0 and all associated ECNs
- Inter-Chip Supplement to the USB Revision 3.0 Specification, Revision 1.02
- Backward compatible with USB2.0 Revision 2.0 and all associated ECNs
- High Speed Inter Chip Specification, Rev 1.0 and associated ECNs
- USB 2.0 Link Power Management Addendum and associated Erratas
- xHCI specification version 1.0 (in host mode)

My question is: should I be able to use the generic XHCI driver to
drive this controller?

I'd select USB_XHCI_HCD and USB_XHCI_PLATFORM, create the appropriate
device tree node, and everything would auto-magically work?

(The Makefile builds xhci-plat-hcd.o but I don't see xhci-plat-hcd.c
Is it a generated file?)

I'm confused though: if XHCI is standard, why are there different XHCI
drivers for Mediatek, Marvell, Renesas, Tegra? Do they add additional
features *on top of* the XHCI baseline?

One more thing: AFAIU, the USB PHY is made by Synopsys.
Do I need a driver for that too? (I should examine 7b8ef22ea547)

Regards.