Hi Guenter.

I think (hope) I did mention that the tcpci patch was compile tested
only. Apologies if not. I'll try to get to it today and send a fix,
though it will obviously only be a workaround (config data is platform
specific). I also hope I can send a Reviewed-by: for Heikki's series
today. Sorry for being late on that one.

I did see in the patch header that it is a WIP, but didn't realize it was compile tested only. I understand I'm on the bleeding edge here.

But we probable need to talk about how to extract the platform
specific details needed for the config in any case (and also what
exactly is needed) at one point. I think we can get all of them with
device properties regardless of the system (ACPI/DT/whatever), so
we would just need to agree on the what the properties are.

Yes, we'll definitely need that. I've used platform data and DMI
internally for x86, but that seems so out of date. I'll also see if it
makes sense to attach the test driver I used to test the tcpm code.
Note that we also have a driver for fusb302 as client of tcpm in the
works, plus an extcon based driver connected to the EC on chromebooks
(and ties directly into the Type-C infrastructure).

I would be interested in seeing the test driver, either on the list or privately if you are not comfortable with a general release.

I'm currently working on support for the Analogix AN7688.

Regards,
        Steve