As an update on information! It happens with my mouse too, very seldom, but
sometimes. There are not as many consecutive inputs from a user that can really
get messed up on a USB 2.0 drives, but when I get home from work today I can
try that and see if the file transfer stays intact. I will also bring home a
few other keyboards and test them too.

Regarding the logs:

After the keyboard stops working or receiving power (it seems) I manually
disconnect and reconnect it.