On 9 November 2016 at 09:05, Felipe Balbi <ba...@kernel.org> wrote:

> Hi,

>>> do you really need to clear at least one event for this?
>>>

>> Unfortunately yes. That's how the workaround works. We need to write
>> this during IMOD to de-assert the interrupt since the mask bit doesn't
>> work.
>
> okay. Then we should cache and clear a single event.

Cache all incoming events looks better for me, while we don't need
care of Vendor Test Event (12Bytes) here - and we will always handle
this correctly and can add simple implementation for that in bottom
half.
In case of single event cache, VTE handling will be much harder/ugly
... - while we have to check if cache 4 or 12 bytes.
Anyway is the VTE case at all? We don't support this currently and
don't have an issues ...

BR
Janusz