Hi,

Peter Chen <hzpeterc...@gmail.com> writes:
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 10:54:09PM -0500, David Miller wrote:
>> From: Peter Chen <hzpeterc...@gmail.com>
>> Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 11:41:15 +0800
>>
>> > I just notice that you submitted the "usb: gadget: u_ether: remove
>> > interrupt throttling", and cc stable tree too, but we can't get
>> > the agreement that it is suitable for all USB controllers, and David
>> > added this comment later that the networking stack has no hard
>> > requirement (eg, half of second) [1] which is not the same at your
>> > commit log.
>>
>> It does fix a bug in at least one of the drivers, so it is definitely
>> a step forward.
>
> But it let other drivers lost throttling interrupt features for USB Ethernet
> gadget, it can supply option for user if throttling interrupt is
> supported or not.

as I've said before, the only reason why chipidea doesn't see issues is
because of the forced interrupt. I have it in my TODO list to come up
with a better way to handle this. Until then, we're gonna have disabled
throttling.

The real problem here is that dwc3 is the only driver *really*
throttling interrupt so this code has never *really* been tested without
any other sort of forced interrupts.

cheers

--
balbi