On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 10:55:14AM -0500, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Dec 2016, Johan Hovold wrote:
>
> > Ok, so that seems to confirm the suspicion that changing settings after
> > the initial configuration is failing (even though the device does indeed
> > support 5-bit mode).
>
> Perhaps issuing a USB device reset before trying to change the settings
> will help.

Yes, perhaps that's something we can try later if we can first find an
initialisation sequence that works for all device types. Unfortunately,
it does not seem we can determine which devices would need such a quirk
though. Hopefully just changing the default setting to 8N1 would be
sufficient for most users.

Thanks,
Johan