On Tue, Jan 03, 2017 at 05:28:22PM +0100, Greg KH wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 03, 2017 at 09:47:47AM -0600, Bin Liu wrote:

> > > What "change" caused this?

> > > Do you have a git commit id that caused this issue?
> >
> > This patch was posted in [1].
>
> Then say that!

Greg, please bear with me, but I am really confused here, due to my
dual-role in the community.

I, as a kernel hacker, first posted the patches such as in [1] for review;
then later, as a module maintainer, sent a patch set including the
posted patches to you for merge. Do you expect me to include the posting
history in the corresponding patches in the later patch bomb? If so,
should I add the log into the commit message or below '---' so the
message only for your review but does not get into commit message?

I don't see other module maintainers doing this in their own patches, so
I am not sure how to do it properly.

> > I believe this issue exists from day one of the musb driver, not caused
> > by any recent change. I saw those kernel logs before in a few cases, but
> > it was really hard to reproduce, only until recently with a use case
> > with FT4232H, which can trigger the issue constantly within a few
> > minutes.
> >
> > Since I only tested the patch back to v4.1, so I only cc'd stable for
> > 4.1+.
>
> Ok, that's great, say that!

Yes, I should mention the reason of 'cc 4.1+'.

Thanks.
-Bin.