Hi,

On Mon, Mar 06, 2017 at 02:41:17PM +0530, Shah, Nehal-bakulchandra wrote:
> Hi Greg and Heikki,
>

> I can see that ucsi acpi interface driver is available in kernel tree. I have
> following queries on the same. Kindly pardon my ignorance as i am a novice to
> this.
>
> - Is there any implementation of USB-C system policy manager (OPM) in Linux?

I think the question here is do we have an implementation for OPM (OS
Policy Manager) which would be in practice the driver we have for UCSI
in Linux kernel.

System policy manager is implemented in BIOS and/or EC FW with UCSI (check
Figure 2-1 in bios-implementation-of-ucsi.pdf).

> - If yes to USB-C system policy, are there any requirements that differ from
> the published Intel White paper on UCSI support through ACPI Mailbox method?
> (Link:
> http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/white-papers/bios-implementation-of-ucsi.pdf
> )

No other requirements.