Hello,

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 9:20 PM, Andy Shevchenko
<andriy.shevche...@linux.intel.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2017-03-25 at 08:06 +0900, Vincent Pelletier wrote:
>> FWIW, at home enumeration happens much more reliably behind a hub than
>> directly on a host (both being xHCI). Maybe my edison board has some
>> electrical issue a hub would tolerate better ?

Re-reading what I wrote, I realize my vocabulary is misleading.
Rephrasing for the record:

Enumeration (HS chirp, bus address attribution) typically works, even
directly on an xHCI. It is SET_CONFIGURATION (including the one done
by the kernel after enumerating and before any driver tries to access
the device) which very often fails on an xHCI, but very often succeeds
when a hub (in my case, USB3) is inserted between the edison and the
same xHCI.

Having had issues with an electrically non-compliant USB2 device
before (chirp was of the wrong duration), it was confusing my USB
protocol analyzer, and it would help to place it behind a hub (the hub
being more tolerant and hiding the non-compliance from the analyzer -
allowing it to switch from FS to HS and actually capture traffic).
Hence my suspicion for some kind of electrical issue, but I have no
proof for this.

> We don't know (yet?) Basin Cove PMIC relations with USB mux / vbus /
> etc. It might be involved. Since you IIRC were looking to some PMIC
> related stuff

The ADC part ? Yes.
<ot>
I think I have fixed all the issues you pointed out but the two big
ones: using regmap and the IRQ cascading issue found on drivers of its
chip family. I'm not sure how I should declare registers for the
former (platform data ?), and need to catch up with the IRQ fixes from
other drivers.
</ot>

> can you at some point check if it has anything possible effect on USB?

Like, looking if some driver touching the PMIC in the original
firmware source would mention USB ? Yep, I can do.

Regards,
--
Vincent Pelletier