On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 04:30:02PM +0200, Christoph Gohle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have seen several reports around the internet regarding failing io
> on USB-SATA bridges. However, these reports seem to be partially old
> and/or fixes proposed are implemented in my kernel but don’t fix
> things. Therefore I thought I report here again. If this is
> know/duplicate please apologise.
>
> I am running on ubuntu 16.04 LTS with kernel
>
> $ ~> uname -a
> Linux gserv 4.8.0-52-generic #55~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 28 14:36:29 UTC
> 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Note, this is a very old kernel release, from last October, lots and
lots of USB fixes have happened since then.  Any chance you can try 4.11
and see if you are having the same issue?  We can't do anything about
old kernels like this, but your distro can, so you can ask them about
this if you want.

thanks,

greg k-h