On 05/26/2017 11:39 AM, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 03:53:49PM +0300, Heikki Krogerus wrote:
Hi,

My two cents.

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 10:12:27AM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
What is keeping this code in staging at the moment?  Who isn't agreeing
on the existing apis we have there?

I don't think the APIs are at issue; I would not expect any substantial
(if any) changes going forward. We may have additions such as the pending
port type change support, but will always happen.

>From TODO:
- Add documentation (at the very least for the API to low level drivers)

This probable should be addressed.

- Split PD code into separate file

Can be done later.

- Check if it makes sense to use tracepoints instead of debugfs for debug logs

I would prefer tracepoints over custom debug logs, but if I'm the only
one, I'm OK changing it later.

I can also start working on this, but unfortunately I won't be able to
start right away. I'll be on vacation next week... Sorry for the last
minute announcement btw.

- Implement Alternate Mode handling

Can be done later.

- Address "#if 0" code if not addressed with the above
- Validate all comments marked with "XXX"; either address or remove comments

These need to be addressed.

- Add support for USB PD 3.0. While not mandatory, at least fast role swap
   as well as authentication support would be very desirable.

Can be done later.

All of these feel to me like they can be done later, as nothing is
messing with the user/kernel api, right?  (trace vs. debugfs doesn't
matter...)

So, who wants to send me the patch to write a tiny bit of documentation
and then get this out of staging?  :)

I'll try over the weekend. No promises.

Guenter