On Wed, 2017-06-14 at 10:19 -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
> I think the problem is that you misunderstand how epautoconf is
> intended to work.
>
> I'm not the expert on this stuff -- Felipe is.  Still, as best I
> understand, the idea is that a gadget driver or the composite core will
> attempt to allocate all the endpoints for a particular configuration at
> one time, during the gadget's startup.  It will then release those
> allocations and move on to allocate the endpoints for the next
> configuration, and so on.  At the end, all the allocations have been
> released.

Yes, you are right and part of the confusion comes from the comment
next to the release call saying that set_alt or a future bind will set
"claimed" again since that's not going to happen.

My latest message clears that up and proposed various options to handle
this for me. I've also sent an RFC patch adding a hook that I've tested
with simple configs and works. I'll do more testing tomorrow with more
complex setups.

Cheers,
Ben.