Hi Chris,

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 1:54 PM, Chris Brandt <chris.bra...@renesas.com> wrote:
> On Friday, January 05, 2018, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
>> > +               interrupts = <GIC_SPI (73-32) IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH>;
>>
>> "41", all other interrupt properties already have the SPI offset
>> subtracted?
>
> The actual HW vector number in the hardware manual is '73'.
> As you know, you need to subtract 32 for the number you use in the
> device tree.
> But then...the number goes back to '73' when you look at it in
> /proc/interrupts.

Having an identical number in /proc/interrupts is a coincidence.
These numbers are virtual, and may change even across reboots.

> So it was confusing to people on what number you needed to use.
>
> Therefore in the RZ/A1 BSP, I was doing (xx-32) so at least people could
> see the relationship between what's in the hardware manual and what
> gets put into the device tree.
>
> So, if doing (73-32) looks wrong, I can change it back to '41' for the
> upstream version.
>
> Any opinions????

Not really, except that no single .dts(i) file seems to have "- 32".

Note that e.g. the R-Car Gen3 manuals do list both "interrupt ID"
and "SGI, PPI, or SPI No" in the documentation for INTC-AP.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- ge...@linux-m68k.org