Hi Chris,

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 11:46 PM, Chris Brandt <chris.bra...@renesas.com> wrote:
> This series adds RZ/A1 gadget support to the renesas_usbhs driver.
> Basically, it's almost the same HW as the R-Car (and SH) parts.
> The only real difference is the some extra registers for the PHY.
>
> This was tested on an RSK board by connecting to a PC as an
> Ethernet CDC gadget.
>
> v3:
>  * Changed from "renesas,usbhs-r7s72100" to "renesas,rza1-usbhs"
>  * Removed "renesas,usbhs-r7s72100"
>  * Changed License of rza.c

Thanks for the update, but I think there has been a misunderstanding.
I didn't mean to drop "renesas,usbhs-r7s72100" everywhere, only from
the matching in the driver.

Summarized:
1. DT bindings should document _all_ compatible values (SoC-specific,
   and/or family-specific, generic, ...),
2. DTS should list _all applicable_ compatible values, ordered from
    most-specific to least-specific,
3. Drivers should match against the least-specific compatible value to get
   the job done.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

--