On 06.02.2018 20:07, Jose Marino wrote:
I'm running archlinux on a Dell XPS15 9550 and I connect it to a TB16
thunderbolt dock. Connected to the dock I have a 4k external display and a USB
logitech transmitter for my wireless keyboard and mouse.

The module 'xhci_pci' is automatically unloaded/reloaded on suspend/resume to
make the TB16 dock work properly across suspend/resume cycles.

Yesterday, I updated my kernel from 4.14.16 to 4.15.1 and now I get a kernel
oops on suspend. I can replicate the oops every time: boot computer, connect to
thunderbolt dock, suspend.
I managed to get some logs of the kernel oops from EFI pstore. Find attached
with this email.

Jose
Zhengjun just wrote a patchseries for fixing 4.15 xhci debugfs issues

I  added debugfs-fixes branch with those patches on top of 4.15.
Do they work for you?

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mnyman/xhci.git debugfs-fixes

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mnyman/xhci.git/log/?h=debugfs-fixes

I still need to run those patches through some internal testing before pushing
them out,
but I'm interested in knowing if they solve your NULL pointer dereference

Thanks
-Mathias