Hello,

I am facing the following challenge:

We have a camera device, and a ready drivers in the following configuration:

(1) host <--> camera

The drivers for host is a binary, i.e. source code is probably not
available, and also the protocol datasheet is probably not available.

But we need to use the camera in the following configuration:

(2) host <---> embedded board  <------> camera

In other words, there is a transparent medium in between the host and device.

I would like to ask what is the general concept for implementing the
drivers in the embedded board ?

Does these task requires reverse engineering ?

Is there any known example or driver which does something similar ?

Thanks a lot,
ranran