I see NZLUG are having an installfest on 30 March. I am vaguely
wondering whether we should have one sometime.??

I am thinking:

1. one or two grunty ftp servers to let people without cdroms install.
Put maybe 3 or 4 distros on the ftp servers then let people plug into  a
lan and go for it.

2. someone writing cdroms for people to take away, or install on the
spot.

3. a group of people running around helping with problems.

Requirements?

1. a couple of big (16 port?) hubs with plenty of patch cords.
2. a machine with enough grunt and disk space to ftp up 3 or 4 different
distros
3. another machine to write cdroms.
4. internet connection for trouble shooting, getting updates, testing
etc (plus firewall of course)
5. some prewritten boot disks for ftp installs.
6. lotsa bench space.
7. the bods to run it
--
Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>