If you have a dos/vfat/windows ptn, don't forget to check/edit the last? line of /etc/updatedb.conf and make sure vfat is NOT in the list of filesystems to exclude.

Caused a lot of muttering around here until I edited the conf file and reran updatedb.

Barry
---------------------

Steve Brorens wrote:
(following some discussion of how fast and useful the 'locate' command
is for finding files, and how 'updatedb' might need to be run to find
more recent files...)

Personally I find it easier to remember:

        locate          // finds files from the index
        locate - u              // refreshes the index (same as
'updatedb')

_
Steve

This e-mail has been scanned for Viruses and Content and cleared by CommArc Cube Server