Have just finished reloading lilo, but what caused it to be altered in the 1st place????

My setup...
hda7    Mandrake8.2              kernel 2.4.18-6mdk
hda8    /home (for hda7 only)
hda9    swap
hda11   Mandrake10 (inc /home)   kernel 2.6.3-7mdk

I normally use hda7, its proved very reliable for me and the modem works. Lilo was set up and has been modified from this ptn to allow me to experiment on hda11. To allow this to work the 2.6 kernel, System-map, initrd files were copied to /boot in hda7. All worked fine - until this morning.

Last night I booted hda10 and was looking at various log files and changing screen resolutions with ctl-alt+/-. Shutdown was normal.
This morning on bootup I got a lilo screen based on the /etc/lilo.conf file for the Mandrake 10 setup. This would not boot my original setup until I copied the 2.4 kernel and files across and then reconfigured and ran lilo.

As I have not had this problem previously and did not run lilo while running M10 on hda11 I am wondering how lilo got to be altered.

Any ideas please anyone

TIA

Barry

btw the LTmodem drivers for the 2.4 kernel do nor work with the 2.6 kernel