On Fri, 23 May 2008, Nick Rout wrote:

I want to do a search on the kernel source of a recent version. I am
on mindows in an office LAN which prevents me ssh'ing into the home
computer (or anywhere).

Is there a site anywhere that has a search engine just for the linux
kernel? ie restrict your search to the contents of the kernel source.

Will the LXR do?

http://lxr.linux.no/

LXR Welcome to lxr.linux.no -- the Linux Cross Reference

Welcome to lxr.linux.no LXR (formerly "the Linux Cross Referencer") is
a software toolset for indexing and presenting source code
repositories. LXR was initially targeted at the Linux source code, but
has proved usable for a wide range of software projects. lxr.linux.no
is currently running an experimental fork of the LXR software.

PO Box 1645 Christchurch                Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
New Zealand