I have not yet installed ubuntu.
Maybe it is going wrong as when it gets to the 'Prepare disk space' page
it says "This computer has no operating systems on it" while showing a
disk graph for /dev/sdb1 (which is my terabyte disk).

The default option is set at "Install them side by side, choosing
between them each startup" which is what I want.
But not on sdb1.  If I choose 'specify partitions manually (advanced)'
then the wanted disk is /dev/sdc1. The boot loader needs to be on
/dev/sda1.

But this installer does not seem to have options for picking what should
go where?

I did try googling for help before asking here. I was hoping someone may
have some insight into why it is going wrong on my pc?

-Bryce.

DISCLAIMER: If you have received this email in error, please notify us
immediately by reply email, facsimile or collect telephone call to +64 3
9641200 and destroy the original.  Please refer to full DISCLAIMER at
http://www.hrnz.co.nz/eDisclaimer.htm