Hi,

I'm back playing with ubuntu again today.
I want to install the main application we use - it has a linux client
that is supplied as a .run file.
I read that this can be installed by saving it to my desktop, right
clicking it and saying 'open in terminal'.
This appears to work with trying to install it.
However, it is running into problems I think, in that it wants to
install to the /opt directory and the terminal window that opened from
the right click does not have permission to write to this directory.

I've tried running it from a terminal window with sudo but I must be
missing something as that doesn't fire it up. What application do I tell
it to use to install the .run file? I tried dpkg but I can't make that
launch the application installer like the right click -> open in
terminal did.

Can anyone give me a clue please?

Regards,
  Bryce Stenberg.

DISCLAIMER: If you have received this email in error, please notify us
immediately by reply email, facsimile or collect telephone call to +64 3
9641200 and destroy the original.  Please refer to full DISCLAIMER at
http://www.hrnz.co.nz/eDisclaimer.htm

<<winmail.dat>>