On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Phill Coxon <phi...@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 15:32 +1200, Hadley Rich wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 14:40 +1200, Phill Coxon wrote:
> > > I use sftp:// in konquorer to copy files back and forth between the
> > > server and my local computer.
> >
> > Try using a different client, I'd try the command line client to start
> > with.
>
> I'm using the GUI for a reason - it saves a massive amount of time.  I
> can drag and drop 10 files in a directory in 2-3 seconds as opposed to
> trying to find and type the 10 file names separately on the command line
> (even using tab completion).
>
> There's way too much potential for typing error on the command line.
>
> I'll see what other SFTP clients I can dig up though...

lftp   http://lftp.yar.ru/

Its purely awesome. You get remote SFTP access just as if it were local
files, tab-completion, job control ( each transfer can be &'d ) ,
everything, even has a mirror command that JustWorks and doesn't slip into
nasty recursion problems.

Also works for plain-old ftp and in some cases, you can spider websites with
it like they were filesystems!

--
Kent

perl -e  "print substr( \"edrgmaM  SPA nocomil.i...@tfrken\", \$_ * 3, 3 )