(oops - previous message got away on me...)

Of
>Jim Cheetham
>Sent: Thursday, 20 August 2009 10:55 a.m.
>
>So, edit /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf, and look at the commented-out stuff
>at the bottom :-)

I've been trying this out using 'lease' but can't make it work.
If I have the dhcp network in it works
If I switch to non dhcp network after timeout networking seems to stop.
No ip address. If I plug back in dhcp network it still does nothing.

Is there a way to restart the networking service (or whatever it is
called) without a reboot? Right clicking and choosing enable/disable
doesn't do trick.

Is there a way to see the output or parsing of the dhclient.conf file to
see what it is not happy with?

Thanks,
  Bryce Stenberg.

DISCLAIMER: If you have received this email in error, please notify us
immediately by reply email, facsimile or collect telephone call to +64 3
9641200 and destroy the original.  Please refer to full DISCLAIMER at
http://www.hrnz.co.nz/eDisclaimer.htm