On Wed, 9 Sep 2009, Robert Fisher wrote:

Today I came across a reminder of the meaning of "sudo"
"super user do"

So how should it be pronounced?

soo-doo or soo-dough

"Dough make me a sandwich" just wouldn't make sense!

http://xkcd.com/149/

Sue, do make me a sandwich.

Now if I just had a wife called Sue who always did what I told her to
do...

Talk about an impossible dream. :-))

Trouble is, if this Mythical unix Sue is anything like my wife...

It'll be,

make sandwich
make: only you can make sandwich. Lazy toad.

sudo make sandwich
[sudo] password for johnc: please
Sorry, try again.
[sudo] password for johnc: I'll take the rubbish out.
[sudo] And bring in the washing while you're out there!

PO Box 1645 Christchurch                Email : john.car...@tait.co.nz
New Zealand