Hi,

Can someone please give me a quick pointer to where I stop my machine
booting to the gui?

I installed Ubuntu server.  Then also installed Ubuntu-desktop to get a
gui when I want one.

But now I can't find where to tell it not to use the gui until I type
'startx' or something along those lines.

Being an older machine and setting it up as a server, I only want to use
the gui when I don't know how to do something easily from the command
line.

I've been googling for it but seem to only keep finding people wanting
it the other way round, as in how to start the gui....

TIA.

Regards,

    Bryce Stenberg

    IT Department

    Harness Racing New Zealand Inc

DISCLAIMER: If you have received this email in error, please notify us
immediately by reply email, facsimile or collect telephone call to +64 3
9641200 and destroy the original.  Please refer to full DISCLAIMER at
http://www.hrnz.co.nz/eDisclaimer.htm