Hi,

I've been continuing my experimentation with backup and restore using
Ubuntu server 9.04.
Today I restored my system to completely different hardware to see how
it coped. Went from an old Intel P4 with PATA drives and 100mbps realtek
network card to an Intel quad core with sata drives, nvidia graphics
card and onboard 1Gbps network card.

After restoring the only thing not going seems to be my network
connection.
In my /etc/network/interfaces I still have the lines:
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

ifconfig only shows local lopback.

I may have restored something that I shouldn't have, or missed something
off?

I was hoping someone could give me ideas of what to look at to locate
the problem as I really haven't got my head around how linux handles
things like network cards and how the drivers fit in...

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
  Bryce Stenberg.

DISCLAIMER: If you have received this email in error, please notify us
immediately by reply email, facsimile or collect telephone call to +64 3
9641200 and destroy the original.  Please refer to full DISCLAIMER at
http://www.hrnz.co.nz/eDisclaimer.htm