So Friday was a trifle frustrating...

Somehow things didn't work out quite right and I seem to have lost a
bunch of work...

So monday morning was spent working out what went wrong...

Aha! I was working with the Light Weight IP stack.... which has all
it's "core" functionality in a directory called "core".

But since year yonks Unix whenever a program crashes it does a core
dump into a file called "core" in the current working directory.

So CVS (and several other tools) have been well training to ignore
anything called "core".

Sigh! So when I tried to add my changes to the my CVS repository it
didn't add the "core" directory so I lost all changes there.

Moral of the story. Avoid the name "core" for anything other than core
dumps.

PO Box 1645 Christchurch                Email : john.car...@tait.co.nz
New Zealand