On Fri, 22 Mar 2002 15:42:00 -0500
begin  Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spewed forth:

> Seems that late Friday, the court ruled against M$'s request for a
> preliminary injunction against Lindows using the name Lindows. Details
> at www.lindows.com/opposition. Bout time some Linux company showed a
> little backbone where M$ is concerned.

What the court said was that it wanted to look more closely at the
trademark "Windows" because you can't trademark common dictionary terms
and get protection under the law.

Looks to me like the term Windows long supercedes M$' hijacking of the
term.  I found windows in the dictionary and it made no mention of a
computer operating system by M$ or anyone else. Guess if it did, they'd
really have to put W then X Window.

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
                -- Nemesis Racing Team motto