On Wed, 22 May 2002 09:19:13 -0400
begin  Tim Wunder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spewed forth:

> On 5/22/2002 8:22 AM, someone claiming to be David A. Bandel wrote:
> > On Tue, 21 May 2002 23:38:01 -0400
> > begin  Tim Wunder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spewed forth:
> >

> >>From the kde-devel list (another post):
> >><quote>
> >>As far as I know the CSS link should not be called from outside of the
> >>HEAD.  I have tested this locally and gotten it to work by moving the:
> >>
> >><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
> >>href="http://www.pananix.com/css/pananix.css"; />
> >>
> >>inside of the <HEAD> tag (where it belongs.)
> >

> > Please look at my code.  The css link _IS_ inside the <head> </head>
> > tags.
> >
> > Ciao,
> >
> > David A. Bandel
>
> hmmm...
> seems to be working, WITH a scroll bar, from a remote kde3 session. Did
> you change something?

After you posted posted the validator output, I made the three quick fixes
(two in the CSS, one in the code).  The worst was trying to figure out why
two tags the validator were whining about were wrong (I still don't see
why they were wrong, but after cutting and pasting what the validator
wanted, it worked -- the word transitional should not have to be
capitalized, and the css link part still eludes me).

But at least my code isn't as sloppy as FrontPage's spaghetti mess.

I created the toc in OpenOffice, then added the CSS tag.  Guess I have to
do it all by hand. Anyone know of a good html editor that understands CSS2
(and that the blasted touchy validator will like -- must be a Linux
editor).  Until I find one, guess I'll stick to good ole vi.

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
                -- Nemesis Racing Team motto