You know, I just realized last night that the configuration piece in KDE
Control Center on my box was put there by Caldera, and not part of the KDE
packages....

The only way I figured this out was that while showing a friend how to
change CD-automated settings, I clicked KControl ->Peripherals -> CD-Rom
(Autorun)
And low-and-behold, the Caldera banner was at the top of the tool...
Well, it's always been the little things which made my love COL...  It's a
shame that I never can be sure if I should be warming up to COL or dumping
it...
I guess it will have to remain in Limbo until such a time that other
distros do things nearly as well or Caldera makes it more painful to use
their distro than it would be to use RH (ug!).  But anyone who has ever
gotten to know COL and any other distros very well at all MUST concede
that COL does a lot of the little things right... like Configuring
Printing...(KUPS) and Configuring X (XKConfig), and making the browsers
work right with their plugins, and a pretty/powerful installer (ok, so I
like the video game at the end), and their focus on KDE has made KDE work
right (as opposed to other distros who include KDE simply because they are
big on choices, and focus their time on Gnome).
This stuff is all in addition to the stability of the distros and the fact
that you can change stuff in the conf files and their tools don't
overwrite it the next time 'round.

I'm sorry.  I'm as pissed at Caldera as the next guy.  They are one of the
most annoying companies I deal with, but I have to give credit where
credit is due (like giving MicroSuck credit for creating a pretty decent
UI, even if they DID change it 5 times since then)... and I'm reminded of
these things every time I use another distro.