I run into a similar issue.  I am running W2k on one box at work and I can
install and capture the printer on my Samba box fine.  It seems that for
me, the printing fails after a while of use...  Granted, I probably just
need to reboot more often on the W2k box...  Notes makes sure I do it
enough, though.